Monday, February 13, 2012

Heartily Handled

I could not tat Frivole's sweet, little heart just once, because I had made such a hash of it - here, so I had another go at it.

#69-100 Motif Challenge

The HDT (I forget whose thread this is - sorry!) split and I had to actually cut the thread as I was doing the border!  But, at least it is better than the first attempt.

I also took the liberty of changing the pattern just a wee bit. Tatting the the bottom ring, I used a Josephine Knot of 14 stitches to make it large enough.  I like the way it looks!

I am paying dearly for my bravado in the last post; I have had to un-tat quite a lot of the Iris Niebach piece I am working on at the moment.  Ah, the ups and down of Tat-land...

11 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work!! Ups and downs are a part of life! I just wish mine would not be so deep of downs sometimes! :b

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty heart,
    sorry to hear you had trouble with the thread, that is no fun at all.
    everyday is a challenge with tatting isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's blue! Could it be from Tatskool? It looks so familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute motif! Interesting how the colors used change the look and feel of these little things. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little heart, I am tasting one at the moment, it's a lovely little pattern

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Catherine Wheel joins look good to me! I haven't mastered those yet!

    I'm stopping by to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day, and to again mention how impressed I am with all your tatting and the speed with which you finish your projects. I'm in awe over the flowers and leaves in your previous post!

    ReplyDelete