Thursday, September 12, 2013

Last of the Lot

I am running out of steam on these. There are now 12 of them with one remaining green colour-way that I have not tatted into the motif. So, I am shamelessly (told you, Diane!) copying Frivole, tatting that last colour using a Mary Konior pattern she just used. Then, I am moving on!

Still the tension with #80 elude me. The new hand position is working all right but the tension is definitely not consistent yet. Maybe jumping from the #10 to #80 is not conducive to good tension, but I figure it is a good workout. One of these days I am hoping I will surprise myself with flawless tension... HA!

Things have to improve as I have such a stash of Perfect Quilter! 

It was impulsive to get all those spools of thread, but I really am not enjoying the threads I have left much - mainly Lizbeth  - which has never been a favourite. Also, shipping is so costly from the US that buying thread has become problematic. Offered less than half-price, these threads were a steal, but if I don’t get the hang of using them, they will not have been such a great.   : O

15 comments:

  1. Those all look so wonderful and they are such an awesome display for the Perfect Quilter threads to show off the beautiful colors!!! You have done and awesome job!! And just maybe the tension problem is due to doing so many. :D Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the cost issue. The only thing that makes any sense when ordering Lizbeth threads from the States, is ordering over $100 worth at a time. Anything less and the shipping costs more than the thread. Maybe one of these days we should pool our resources and order a bid batch of thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. It would make sense of there were a bunch of tatters interested...

      Delete
  3. Wow this is so cool to look at, just plain fun thanks for posting all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful motifs, it certainly looks as though the thread is worth persisting with. Yeah, postage is a problem here too. Good idea to pool with others to make a big order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this motif!!!
    I have to ask for advice. A long time ago someone taught me the basis of tatting (like... rings and chains and stop..!) and just recently I've decided to learn by myself all the other things I still don't know. Doing works like this one, where ther one or more rings on a chain, (I understand they could be mock rings??), I get the chain in a straight line or even curved in the opposite direction! What could I be doing wrong?
    Sorry for taking your time: I'd appreciate a word from an expert! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eliana,
      I THINK the problem here is that in this pattern you tat a chain and then use the other shuttle, shuttle #2 to tat a ring on top of the chain. Then you drop shuttle #2 and resume tatting the rest of the Cain as you did before, so you end up with a ring on top of a continuous chain. Clear?

      I suggest you join InTatters. The link is at the bottom of this blog. That is where I learned about 90% of what I know. I started as a rank beginner and read everything there and followed advice and all the links that appear in conversations. It is a wonderful resource for tatters, especially beginners. Everyone is so helpful and knowledgeable.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! It seems I managed to do it! I'm going to try this motif!
      I'll take a look at the forum, too. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I love seeing all the colors together like that! I'm saving up for the sewing and quilting expo... looking for more quilting threads to try out!

    I also have trouble with tension when switching thread sizes... not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous look, all these motifs together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely all those color combinations and beautiful tatted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colours in these Perfect Quilter threads. Your dozen motifs are wonderful!
    Maybe using a new hand position and using such a fine thread means that the tension just needs a bit more practice? Frankly, I don't see any imperfections.

    ReplyDelete