Thursday, May 17, 2012

Reject and Renew

  #17/100  Pattern by Lyn Morton  
#40 HDT Garden Afternoon, by Yarnplayer

I am getting smarter in my old age.  After beginning another of Lyn Morton’s patterns to use the last of the would-bobbin thread, I realized that the new pattern I have begun was not working out the way I had intended it to look:


So, off the shuttle came the black Cébélia #40, which is terribly fuzzy, which I will not use it again. I wound some Lizbeth to go with the HDT in yellow and greens, another HDT of Jess’s that I believe I won in a draw... I cannot seem to find reference to the name of this thread - sorry Jess!

The latest attempt. 
 Cébélia replaced with Lizbeth #40:


The pattern is a secret. (not my design!)
So far - so good!

9 comments:

  1. I don't actually think that first one is mine. It's very beautiful but it looks like Yarnplayer's Garden Afternoon.
    The yellow/blue doesn't have a name, lol, that's why you don't have a name for it. I sent it to you just because. (why do I remember these things... I don't know) I thought it was dyed weird since the colorway was SO LONG. But, really, it looks like it makes for a nice effect. :o) I like the color that you have paired with it :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jess,

      All fixed. I was suspicious about the thread, as I thought it might be Marilee’s.

      Yes, I was mystified as to how I cam to have that HDT of yours! But it is working well. We’ll see!

      Thanks for the visit.
      Fox : )

      Delete
  2. the new motif is coming along nicely. looking forward to seeing the complete piece. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top motif looks wonderful in that colorway.
    I must say, using black in the first attempt gave the new motif an interesting look. Quite a difference on the next start - looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty tatting as always, the black certainly gives a different look to the motif, it is amazing how color can change things.
    the pattern is a secret?? does this mean it is your own design. how exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! Not one of mine! Just didn’t want to tell you yet what I was tatting!
      Fox : ))

      Delete
  5. Such pretty colors! I think I like the bottom one the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane!

      I am glad you agree with me! I really like this pattern a lot and the colours as well. Not my design, as Ladytats thought. I will finish it soon and post the name of the designer.
      Fox : )

      Delete