Monday, June 26, 2017

Nobody Noticed!

.....and it was a beaut! 

I really messed up on the Posy pattern and couldn't figure out where the problem was. Blame it on the splitting thread at the end. Obviously, I can't multi-task with an end-join plus faulty thread!

At any rate, I tatted a new one and you can definitely see the difference:



Some progress on the other Konior piece:

    

By the way, I noticed that the quality of the green #40 Lizbeth is much superior to the magenta.  

It is obviously due to the dyeing process of the magenta that makes it so awful. I seem to recall that 
the purple threads with the red base are a lot worse  than the ones with the blue. 

Also, I remember navy being particularly bad - which makes no sense in light of what I just wrote! 

7 comments:

  1. Mmm, yes, I see it. I think I must've been distracted by the pretty colour. The green one is certainly more symmetrical! It's interesting how some dyes seem to affect the quality of the thread or yarn. I'd have thought dark shades might be harsher than pale ones, but I don't know if that holds up either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered about that posey...

    Theresa and I are tatting a piece together and she consistently has issues with the herbal garden breaking. I haven,t although there was one I needed to untat a bit so that I could tat more loosely and then close. We're going to do a side by side study, she doesn't know this yet...l

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent point about the color and threads I never thought of that, but did notice that some thread colors made thread thicker if that makes any sense🐒 I do so love the pattern on the purple one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I know I have missed your blog,
    The green motif looks lovely,
    I do wonder if the dye for some colours are harder on the thread than others, which make then more brittle to tat with
    Love to Mr G

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your motif is wonderful!!! :)
    I have had different balls of thread and some are good and some are bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I don't look very closely. Seeing the two side-by-side, I do prefer the green one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, the green motif looks better. Very prettily tatted! I also have problems with Lizbeth although I thought it was just me... size 20 and 40 in most of the colors I've worked with so far. I like how it tats up but splitting is definitely an ongoing problem. Nice shuttles, by the way! Love that pretty bird!

    ReplyDelete