Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Awesome Orsi

Here is Orsi's beautiful design, using Frivole's  and Tatting Fool's suggestions for improving my tatting. I am more than pleased with the outcome.

#21 -100 Motif Challenge
Yum! I copied Frivole's execution of this motif shamelessly, and I love the way it worked.  I will tat this again in RED.  I love the shape of this lovely design.  Thank you, Orsi!


Next, following Tatting Fool's lead once again, I ordered this little book and while looking it over when it arrived I noticed something very familiar...  


I do not know what book I originally saw this in, but I tatted it a while ago - in #80 DMC!

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

ANGELINE UPDATE

Karen was asking about Angeline...  

The book is currently with Liyarra in Australia, to be delivered to Joy, who is next on the list, also living in Australia.  I am waiting to hear from Liyarra as to whether the transfer has taken place.  After Joy, the book goes to Karen.  There you have it.

10 comments:

  1. That looks great Fox - I think your tatting is excellent on this piece and the shape is very even - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snowflake is beautiful! I'm glad your were able to get some helpful tips. Now for the red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comments. I am so happy with this one... but still will try to improve that shape on the RED one!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're doing VERY well!

    Yep, that other snowflake is from one of the vintage publications. I'm not inclined to go look it up but it's one I've always loved the design of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful snowflake! Can't wait to see it in red. Are Frivole's and Tatting Fool's suggestions on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. JB, Thanks! Yes, they have commented here, and I have heard from them in emails as well. Both tatters are very helpful with their support and suggestions, and I appreciate any input I receive from either of them, as I so admire their work.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fox, I am so glad to see your beaded snowflake:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great snowflake!
    I've seen that square motif in more than one book, one of them German. Sometimes there are twisted threads instead of chains leading to the corner clovers. It is on my someday list to try to find which book has the oldest version.

    ReplyDelete