Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Noted


Sherry's instructions are impeccable, but I cannot do the directional thing very easily.  I don't know which way to turn and I also do front-side/back-side, which might confuse the issue.  

So, this took me a long time to complete.  I must admit, I was late for work!  "(Car trouble," I pleaded....  shameful little lie! LOL!)

Also, I do not understand the folded ring thing, even after I checked Martha Ess's .blog, as suggested.  This is just not my week.  Maybe I should take up stamp collecting, or paint by numbers...

On a more positive, hmmmm, note, I am pleased this brings my Motif Challenge number to 20!
Anon,

5 comments:

  1. Nice treble clef Fox! I just downloaded the pattern, but my brain is a little fuzzy today, so it all looks Greek to me... I also get confused working with chains like this. I don't trust myself to have the piece turned the right way so the chain will curve as it should, try to correct it, then after I snug it up find out I was right in the first place and should have left well enough alone!

    I'm off to unpick a ring for a heart I wanted to make. I wouldn't feel so bad about having made a mistake, but this was the VERY FIRST RING!!! I was never good at paint by numbers, but if you want to do stamp collecting I'll change my blog name to Stampede and join you!

    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think your music note looks great, whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fox
    Don't give up, try again, the second time will be better .... maybe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Toots!

    So the um dreaded last join is giving you fits. While the folded ring thing works, I recommend Linda Davies method. The key thing to remember is to have all the parts of the ring making the last join either above or below the join. If the level of the join were defined as a piece of paper, then the core thread and the working thread (loop around your hand) the ring making the join have to be on the same side of the piece of paper. Either side, doesn't matter, but the SAME side. You may have to draw the joining loop and then transfer it to the side where all the other parts are, but that's the trickiest bit. Once you know that everything is on one side of the join, it should close smartly and correctly.

    PattyD

    ReplyDelete
  5. PattyD!!! Hi there, stranger!

    OMG! Semantics! I didn't know that that the folded join was THAT folded join! Of course! Bless you, once again, you make it so easy! I thought this was some new trick I had never heard of! LOL! It's all in the way you read it sometimes.
    Thank you! ♥
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete