Earlier, before the cutting began - snip, snip snip - - - SOB - my counts were wrong, but if you have guessed the designer you will know why! So, who is it, Tatters?
I was almost half-way around the circle when I saw the mistakes I had made, which were really not that obvious.
"No one will ever know," I thought, and kept tatting. Two elements later, I knew I just couldn't do it; I could not keep tatting, knowing the count was so skewed in the preceding repeats. If you follow this blog, you know EXACTLY how my mind manipulated this!
I had repeated the same mistakes over and over again in this round. It is so frustrating to realize you have to cut out the same miscounted bit yet again. What I was tatting was simply not an intuitive following of this pattern, so I trashed my paper copy and turned on the scanner.
With a clean copy, I re-counted the stitches, correcting my numbers and hoping my interpretation was accurate this time. I used different coloured markers for a new and better visual aid.
So, here is where I have arrived. I seemed to have got the numbers right and the tatting is easier. Fingers crossed that I am not running out of thread again.
The centre motif is Cèbèlia, #30, from Sally; the light blue is Monica Braxton's HDT, which I ran out of, and the outer lovely turquoise is the last of the#40 Lizbeth, part if the remaining old stash I have nearly used up.