Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bravo Broomstick!

#11 - 100 Motif Challenge
Tatted in Altin Basak #50, a gift from Suneeti
Of course, this is one of Martha's new patterns from 'Playing With Picots,' her newest book.  

I had fun with this and was not as intimidated by the large picots as much as I was with the one, very small split chain I had to perform. Not much frightens me - but whisper "split chains" anywhere near my ears and I begin to shake!  

All that aside, I seemed to have managed this entire motif on the first go-around! Not perfect, by any means, but I am happy with the results.  Go, Fox!

It went so quickly, I had enough time yesterday to tat another bit of the 'Crown' pattern...

16 comments:

  1. Lovely motif, the patterns I have seen from this book look so lovely, its on my wish list, but will have to wait for a while. Gorgeous edging,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lovely. I love the warm pink colour.

    I am still not tatting much. Hopefully looking through your blog and other tatters will inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Fox!!
    Looks good to me. I'm hoping to get Martha's new book for Christmas. I love what I've seen of her picot designs!
    The crown pattern is very nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crown pattern is coming along nicely!

    Have no fear, you are not the only one with Split Chain Phobia!! I suffer from the disease as well

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is looking very lovely!!! Is the edging for a special project?
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Jon that this is a very nice shade of pink.
    And I really like the split chain. It reminds me Jon's wrapping a plastic ring with double-stitches :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Fox Go!!
    Splits chains are no big deal, a little more practice and they won't faze you a bit.
    very pretty snowflake, Martha does great work on her patterns, and so do you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is lovely. That is a beautiful shade of pink. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That motif is so elegant and victorian looking in that color!!! I love it! I am going to have to try and get a copy of that book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, All!

    JB, The thread i used was Altin Basak, #50.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a fan of split chain so I did not do it. Your snowflake is spectacular. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete