I just wanted to tat something pink and pretty, but had neither the energy nor the inclination to go hunting through every ball of thread. So I looked at what I had in small amounts wound on thread savers, figured these two threads would be fine together, and I could throw in some beads for good measure. Not a lot of thought with either the threads, which do NOT match in size, or the pattern, yet the result is very pleasing. Nice surprise!
#15 Motif Challenge
Pattern essentially by Kaye Judt, from 'Motifs for Marie',
but has an added section because the different sizes of threads
The pink thread is Peace, #20 HDT, by Yarnplayer. The purple and silver metallic is way thinner and was given to me by Suneeti, last year.
Because of the differing thread sizes, I found that the larger pattern, which was originally designed by Nancy of Be-stitched, posted here, was not going to work, especially with the silver do-dad in the centre. Therefore, I changed both the stitch count and the number of repeats in order to make the motif workable. I really wanted to have five repeats, but that lasy one just wouldn't have fit.
I might mess around and change it more to see if I can get something less cramped around the cute little silver centre... but I am not designing...really.... at all. : )