Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Taking a New Tack!
The above, the circle with the orange circle and the split ring red outer ring, is something I have not done before. I picked up two shuttles that had some old thread from work - much too soft for tatting - and just started to try to produce something of a pleasing shape and design.
This isn't it, but I learned a bit about how to use space and also about how long or short chains should be so that there is no cupping or bunching. This was a useful, albeit ugly, project.
Next, the Celtic ring I am having SO much trouble with. In the second try, on the right, I GOT IT! That simple little pattern finally made a pattern of its own along the neuron and nerve ends in my simple brain!
All of this is not pretty but is going a long way to helping me be able to tat something pretty in the future!