Saturday, November 27, 2010

Partial "Flurry" Success

I sat "partial," because I have completed only a few repeats.  But, Jane promised that the pattern was not difficult, and we all know she is a woman of her word!  It is not hard.  You just have to pay attention and follow correctly.

I am getting smart: practice first!   Here is what I have done so far:


In preparation for the "real" motif, I am scheming...  Of course, when I saw these beads today - at bargain basement price - how could I resist!

FLURRY SNOWFLAKE, they screeched at me from their little stand in the shop where I had gone to get thread winders (had a hard time finding these little devils!).  Into my bag they went, and here they are in all their splendour:


Lastly, I have Diane to blame for this new purchase of an old tatting goody:


I always see motifs I want to do on her site and inevitably, I do not have THAT book!  Thanks again, Diane!

9 comments:

  1. Very smart to practice and isn't that what we were supposed to learn in childhood? Practice makes perfect! Love the beads. Fun book you have added to your library. Happy tatting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good book and yet I can say I have not done anything from it. Hmm I guess I am going to have to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty!

    What's the color-way you're working with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Createology, What I meant is that I always plunge right in to a new pattern and do not try it out beforehand, so I use the "good" thread and beads cold! Not smart, but I cannot seem to break the habit... except this time I seem to have done just that!
    Fox : )

    Lily, This is a leftover bit of Tatskool"s HDT. Isn't it wonderful?

    Thanks, All, for the visit and the comments.♥♥
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Flurry looks great and your beads are wonderful and the book looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done with cracking the snowflake. I think the bit that's 'different' is changing directions in the middle of a chain. I still sometimes forget that bit!!!! Thanks for the reminder on the book too. I've got that one and had it for at least 100 years!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the flurry pattern, its so addictive and soon you will be doing it in your sleep! Well almost!

    ReplyDelete