Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Official Tatted Maple Leaf!

Yesterday, my good buddy posted this:

The Dark Ranger said...

Can you tat the Leafs logo? just askin'...


Today, I took up the challenge:
Here is the Maple Leaf's Logo.



Here is the Leaf's Logo from Tat-land.


I am so pleased that I decided to do this, because, if I had not, I would never have known how much easier this was to tat this pattern now than it was just a few short months ago. It only took a couple of hours this time, as opposed to the few days it took before.
How very reassuring!


An afterthought: I wanted the stem to look thicker and wondered what would happen if I doubled the thread. It worked beautifully! I will do this , next time I tat this leaf. I think the more substantial tail is much more appealing. Anybody else done this?

Fox ~ Aspiring Adept of TATROMANCY (magical meanderings with rings, chains and picots)~

11 comments:

  1. Very cool! TAT's awesome that your speed is coming along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foxy, this is so impressive. You just got the WOW factor from my end.
    jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am most humbled. Rat-a-tat-tat and you knock out another challenge! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, eh, Dark Ranger! Lucky the Challenge was not for Pittsburgh!

    Jo, Thank you! The WOW response from you is gratifying! : ))

    TattingChic, Thanks! Hee hee - the speed is merely the lovely benefit to all the practice!
    : ) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. You've officially fallen off your rocker!
    Talented and crazy - a woman after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive! Both how quickly you whipped it up and the finished product. Love the stem!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Julia! I accept the compliment!

    Ann, I am glad you like that little stem. I'm really so pleased with it. It has a lovely, sturdy feel - like a real stem : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Fox, that is very good looking leaf,
    you are doing very well. your clunies are looking good, I have a long way to go on my clunies too.
    good luck on your T.A.T journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much, Ladytats. Those clunies are always on my mind when I have a shuttle in my hand. I love doing them and if I do them enough, they will improve! Big Sigh! : ) Fox

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great maple leaf! I love what you did with the stem.

    But even more intriguing is the sig file at the bottom...how clever of you to add TAT-romancy to your list of impressive talents.

    Can I be your apprentice?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL, Isdihara! YOU would notice the fine print! Thanks for the visit and for admiring my Maple Leaf! I am proud of this one!
    : )) Fox

    ReplyDelete