It took a wee bit of coaxing, but he came round in the end:
Probably, I was too immersed in shuttle-activity,
as I began the Under An African Sky Challenge,
which I have revised, with apologies to Jane McLellan:
The overlapping rings do not work for me. They look all forced and do not flow. Actually, I rarely see any in Tat-Land appealing to me - just not a design element of which I am fond. So, I took the liberty of doing my own thing.
Update on The JS Monster D...
I am still trying to complete the same round I was on last week. Two more motifs to finish and then into the final three or four rows, which are much more straightforward. Thank goodness!
It is becoming very unwieldy; I’ll be glad to finish it. Although I am pleased that I decided to tat this pattern, the Monster D is the most patience-challenging project I have yet attempted. Next post: an update photo.