Sunday, April 14, 2013

Recalling Honey


Honey Napkin, that is. Snowflake here has the possibility of rivalling its predecessor in size, as you can see, by adding this flowery row.

The edge is now a bit wavy and calls for more rows for stability and uniformity of the pattern. Makes me nervous! I have to think more about the next colour choices. Also, it took a lot of time to get this far around the circle. It's larger than I remembered.

Tatting Hubris!

With this one, I spoke way too soon and yesterday spent some time un-tatting. I even managed to un-tat a whole ring with the double picots and the surrounding chain for nothing. It ended up being correct!

However, considering this is Iris, I am not doing too badly! It is a satisfying pattern: a good tat. : )

8 comments:

  1. The green joining the previous round makes a really unique design. Love the purple in the flowers. Will you be bringing the yellow back?

    Your doily is progressing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy. I think I will have to, though I have only a bit of it left as well. Everything depends on how many more rounds Renulek intends to add and we just do not know! Makes it rather exciting tatting, right?
      Fox : ))

      Delete
  2. I really like the colors you are using! I'm sure this will be just as stunning as Honey Napkin when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane,
      As I have said before, this project was taken on to use up threads I was not crazy about, though I have come to rather like the look of this.

      However, this is definitely not a colour palette I could use more than once!
      Fox : ))

      Delete
  3. Hi Fox

    Thank you for your comment on my blog today,

    Your mat is looking great the colours are working in so well, I have made a pair of earrings using the snowflake on the mat design,
    The other motif is now looking good, looking forward to seeing the pattern as you work it,
    Love to Gian
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally frustrating to un-tat a part of tatting, then discover it was right the first time - been there, done that :)
    Your big Honey Napkin project is totally amazing! Truly a work of art in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. both projects look very good. Sorry about your having to un-tat. Glad you are liking Iris's pattern.
    The Snowflake mat is going to be a very gorgeous table cloth. You always have a good sense of color, so I am sure that you will know what colors to use as you go on.

    ReplyDelete