Robin's new Winter Frost design is lovely. I was one of the fortunate tatters who had the privilege of test-tatting her pattern. : ) Thanks Robin!
Here it is in #60 DMC Cordonnet Special:
I found it a bit of a fiddly pattern to tat and for some reason my stitches really are not consistent or nicely formed. Not sure what the problem is here, as the thread is DMC, which is generally great to work with. So, the uneven quality is all my doing, not the fault of the design.
A few days ago, I completed another of Robin's pretty snowflakes:
This one is tatted with much more consistency. Perhaps I was pulling the threads a bit more tightly.
Now, I must say I am glad the last Jan Stawasz didn't work out as I have decided to tat it in #80 Lizbeth instead and realize how much happier I am using #80 - even if it is Lizbeth! Actually, this coloured ball is very good: very smooth; consistent. love the colour, whatever it is called.
Lastly, I'd like to thank all those tatters who must have voted for my Ben Fikkert doily. I see I have won an award over at Crafftree. Quelle surprise! THANK YOU!