Monday, November 23, 2015

Perfectly Perfetti

Robin's new Winter Frost design is lovely. I was one of the fortunate tatters who had the privilege of test-tatting her pattern. : )  Thanks Robin!

Here it is in #60 DMC Cordonnet Special:



I found it a bit of a fiddly pattern to tat and for some reason my stitches really are not consistent or nicely formed. Not sure what the problem is here, as the thread is DMC, which is generally great to work with. So, the uneven quality is all my doing, not the fault of the design.

A few days ago, I completed another of Robin's pretty snowflakes:


This one is tatted with much more consistency. Perhaps I was pulling the threads a bit more tightly.

Now, I must say I am glad the last Jan Stawasz didn't work out as I have decided to tat it in #80 Lizbeth instead and realize how much happier I am using #80 - even if it is Lizbeth! Actually, this coloured ball is very good: very smooth; consistent.  love the colour, whatever it is called.


Lastly, I'd like to thank all those tatters who must have voted for my Ben Fikkert doily. I see I have won an award over at Crafftree. Quelle surprise! THANK YOU!


13 comments:

  1. Fabulous snowflakes!!! :)
    Gorgeous start to that doily!!! :) Looks like Blue River Glades colorway.
    Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous snowflakes, both are lovely patterns.
    Your blue JS looks very pretty what a pity it did not work out how you wanted.
    Congratulations on winning an award
    Love to Mr G I hope he was pleased for you?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Well deserved. Lovely snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations :-)))
    It may've been a surprise to you , but we all knew ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And thank you Fox, for test tatting this for me :)

    Congratulations on your win over at Craftree! It's a beautiful rendition of the Ben Fikkert doily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice ice crystal and congrats on the Craftree Award, you certainly earned it with that doily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award! Your tatting is lovely - the snowflakes and the new doily are all very pretty.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Your snowflakes are very pretty. I realize the one is winter frost but what is the name of the other. There has certainly been a lot of pretty ones this year so many great designers. Best Wishes. Laura

      Delete