Friday, June 6, 2014

Kurbatskaya Challenge

Umintsuru and I have begun a BIG challenge! 
You can see her beginning  here.

I am using some #40 Kary Solomon HDT and for the white, I am tatting with the Portuguese thread I found in a local Crochet thread shop.

I have added a row and a half: this 

This Kurbatskaya pattern is difficult to follow and the photograph in the book does not show fine detail very well so I found myself starting the second white row three times.

On the fourth row I changed the count of the split rings and it seems to work now, but I am wondering what is going to happen later on! I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of revisions to the original.

It will be interesting to see how we each approach this Russian pattern. I am so glad to have a partner-in-tatting for this lengthy piece. Thanks Umintsuru!


  1. Looks wonderful and I love the variegated color thread!!! :)

  2. Ooh, lovely flowery beginning. Yes, it sounds like a good pattern to have a partner on. If you're going to have to make changes and figure things out, you can help and encourage each other.