Thursday, June 23, 2011

With A Little Help From My New Friend

My style is simple: black, white and maybe navy.  Jeans.  Boots or sandals. Two pairs of earrings.  One ring.  No other jewellery.  You get the idea.

So, when I found a tiny hole in one of my favourite tops, caused by pulling fabric threads with a crochet hook, of course, I was sewing it up with plain thread, when I saw The Look  from Blue Eyes - something like...pity!  Gian, the Most Beautiful, was adamant that I do something different, something a bit colourful, even fun.  I followed his advice:


Thus inspired I did not stop with the sewing till I had added another on the back of a plain T-shirt.  Small, but tasteful, I think.  Hmmm.  Could be the start of something, but I doubt it.  I loathe sewing!


I gave up the needle and picked up the shuttle to nearly complete one little sock for Mini-Boss. So pretty, this thread!


I am tiring of the iddy-biddy projects and feel the need to tackle something larger.  Not like a hankie.  That is  an ongoing tat that could serve as the break from a larger endeavour.  What to do...

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Fabulous idea! Good job Gian!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gian is one smart cookie! Nice way to cover up holes, and stains, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I love the Tshirt idea - I've toyed with the idea before, but have never actually done it.... Now i may have to!! the socks... oh those little tiny socks... :)
    Randa*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that thread on the socks - I used it to tat a small doily recently.

    Gian is soooo handsome!

    oooo
    my verification word was foxicat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you should ask Gian what to tat next!! He seems to have some very good ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great additions to the shirts! :) Love the socks! :)

    ReplyDelete