I had firmly decided; a) never to finish the piece; b) to throw it away so as to never see it again; or c) to give it to Little Boss unfinished, with the last three rows left off. Those were my only choices.
Then, in a moment of serendipitous sanity, I questioned what it was that was so bothering me about this tatting misadventure; I realized a number of things.
At nearly twenty inches in diameter, I had not missed beading on any row, and I was absolutely fed up with beading; I was done with it!
Also, I was fretting that I would very soon run out of the beads, before the end.
Frustrated with the tension of my shuttles, I determined that the bobbins had become quite loose.
The only upside was that the piece is very pretty and also, I had not perforated a finger with all that hook work! Do you remember in the past all my macabre tatting injuries! The memories still cause me to cringe and shudder!
Upon contemplating these factors, I came to a conclusion. I would forge on and finish, making a few necessary adjustments before picking up the shuttles again,
The shuttles would be larger to hold more thread so I didn't have to reload every few inches and they could not spin!
So, I am using a new Moonlit, kindly sent to me be my friend, Denise. Forgive me, Denise, but I un-blinged it, as the stickers caught the thread! However, that shuttle was just the one I needed.
Next, I have put away the beading hook and all traces of lilac beads. The finished piece will be just fine without beads in the last three rows. My secret is safe with you and no one in the real world will ever notice!
The solution seems to have worked as I have tatted many inches in one night as you can see here:
With luck, it shouldn't take me long to finish now.
I am so looking forward to tatting Frivole's newest star. It looks positively minuscule!