Friday, July 22, 2016

Final Row and a Plan

Miss Meave's mat has one row to go:


It looks better than I thought it would, as the thread doesn't pool as badly as I had anticipated.

Now, the unexpected!

I have purchased some thread locally to tat Renulek's latest - in #8 Finca Perle!

This is the same thread I used for this First  Prize Fair Winner a few years ago. I'm not keen on the colours ands I will add beads as I did on the first one.


Colours are very limited in the thread shop, however, there is a reason for this daft venture.

A good friend came for dinner last week and I had used the piece to cover my balcony table where we had dinner. 

She was truly taken with it; colour, thread, beads, and design. Many lovely words were expressed as she fondled the piece and she actually said, "I LOVE this!"

It was so gratifying to see someone so enthralled with my work that I decided I would surprise her; I am going to tat one much the same as mine for her, with Renulek's new pattern.

You see, just because I downsized my tatting library, I have absolutely no interest in abandoning my shuttles!

7 comments:

  1. I am sure it will be stunning!!!! :) What a wonderful gift idea!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad to hear it! The round one is looking lovely, I look forward to seeing the final product. Lucky friend who is going to get the other one. It's great to tat for someone who will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want you to give up your shuttles, what would we all do without your blog
    Gorgeous mat for Meave I am sure she's going to love it and the thread is so pretty
    Look forward to seeing the progress of your new project.
    Love to Mr G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Meave is going to love it, lovely! ... lucky friend, what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed by how you combine different threads in one piece! I would be too worried about the threads not playing nicely together, but it is obviously not an issue. The pink edging is lovely - the purple is dark enough to soften up all the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both projects. Nice you found a way to use up the thread you don't love for someone who will appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete