Friday, November 6, 2015

More Than Enough

I am so lucky! I have finished the Hoop-la border, with inches to spare. Whew! Now to sew it on, which is always a daunting task for the needle-and-thread-challenged.

Thank you, Tatters. for the interesting  and varied responses about how you sew on your hankie and tablecloth edgings.

I find that like Muskaan, I tat almost to the end, attach and then finish the last bit. This time however, I finished the border completely, as it was a perfect fit, not floppy or deep. 


While working on Hedgehogs and Hoop-la at the same time, I found I needed a break, as I kept getting the two edgings confused because they have similar stitch counts. Many mistakes ensued!

So, I chose to re-tat the Starlight Doily. Unattractive colour thread aside, there is something very wrong with my tatting of that piece.  Perhaps it was wrong stitch counts or bad tension, but whatever; I am very displeased with the end result, so am re-tatting it.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know why that happens, just some days are better than others. although from here it looks beautiful and love the shuttle too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the hanky edging worked out so well! I think I've tatted the Starlight doily, but I'm not for sure. I'm positive that you will sort it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your edging color is absolutely perfect with your hankie. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous edging!!! :)
    Can't wait to see the finished doily!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you were able to finish your hankie edging before running out of thread. You get lucky once in awhile! Maybe your luck will extend to the Starlight doily. Maybe doing it in colors you like better will help it come out better, too.

    ReplyDelete