Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Bonnet For The Boss

But first... progress. 
Row 9 begun:


I started the row with the linen colour quickly realizing it had to be done in gold, so I started the row anew. Better.

The bonnet? I was in the Dollar Store and saw yarn for a dollar. In my days of professional knitting, I would have layed neither finger nor hook to this lot! But, The Boss never did get her desired pink and blue cap this year, so what else was I to do?


Crocheting iis not something I choose to do anymore - in fact I hated it so much I binned the extra yarn as soon as I had finished the last stitch. Luckily it took only about an hour and a bit to get the thing done.

Little Brother will wonder where his hat is. He will be taken to the Dollar Store for a toy of his choice. He will be happy with that. No more hats

Happy International Tatting Day!


11 comments:

  1. Funnily enough, I started a hat for my granddaughter this afternoon, only it's knitted, not crocheted. I'm sure the boss will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds, Jane!

      I am certain your hat will look smashing. I'm just thankful The a Boss us still young enough not yo see the heavy-handed clunkiness of my offering! : ))

      Delete
  2. I do compliment your stitches! At least you know how to crochet! In our knitting guild, many looked down on crochet and had no desire to learn. But they were willing to pay someone to crochet the flowers for their granddaughters' caps, And many crocheters were 'afraid of' knitting needles! I'm glad I learned to do both!

    I'm still astounded at the number of doilies you have tatted. And there is no end to Renulek's
    very attractive designs, enhanced by everyone's color selections! Happy Int'l Tatting Day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I was always fascinated that there was SO MUCH snobbery in the knitting scene - myself included - as pertained to crochet. But truly, a lot of the crocheted items that came our way were simply, well, hideous! Really nasty!

      I did like some of the very intricate European patterns though, and made gorgeous huge doilies and learned fancy-dancey stitches, but as in tatting, what do you do with those? So my interest departed as soon as I discovered tatting, though that question of destination and usage remains! : ))

      Delete
  3. Lovely hat I am sure the boss will love it.
    Happy international day, I hope you and Mr G had a great day
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acrylics do have their place, and this is lovely and pink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Maureen. My kidlets do not like wool, alas, so cotton has been my fibre of choice for blankets, hats made of skinny yarn and little things.

      Hats and mitts often were made in acrylic for the kids. This yarn is truly appaling, but what do you expect for a dollar! The Boss loved it! I'll post a pic later. : )

      Delete
  5. I'm glad the Boss loved it! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you have the little blue bits in row 8. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete