Sunday, June 1, 2014

Georgia’s Grace

This is Georgia Setiz’s pattern from 
"Tatting on the Edge...and Beyond.”



I tatted this over the weekend because I was inspired by Frivole’s rendition, which you can see here. It is such a beautiful pattern and a lovely tat, which I carried out using #30 Cèbèlia. I liked the ecru that Frivole used and this was the only ecru I have in my stash. 

It is hard to believe it is the same pattern as this:


Not only have I recently developed a liking for ecru and white thread, but also am no longer overly fond of two colour tatting as in the above piece.

************

Can anyone tell me where the pattern is for a design that uses these beads to make a little tatted name piece? I cannot remember where I saw it and I got these beads today for The Boss and Her Brother. Now I can’t find the pattern!

The needles are the self-threading kind that I also needed as I seem to have lost mine. Frivole reminded me how easy they are to use. Thanks, Frivole!

p.s. One more thing! Small picots rock! 

I made a conscious effort in this piece to keep the picots as small as I could. Took some effort, as I seem to automatically tat larger ones. 

I like the itty bitty picots a lot better. : )

17 comments:

  1. Is it this one?

    http://www.itsabear.com/kathy/Pattern/shuttletag.html

    I've also used Jon's patterns from her book about tatting on a curtain ring and added the alphas inside for scissor fobs, key rings or zipper pulls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Wickedtats! Thank you very much! xxooxx Fox : )

      Delete
    2. Yep, that's the same one my local group posted for its weekly challenge: http://www.itsabear.com/kathy/Pattern/shuttletag.html I'm working on this, too!

      Delete
  2. Hi Fox

    Small picots rock, they look neater and give a more lacy look, well done on doing smaller picots.
    Lovely piece of tatting, I like white but I don't like ecru, it me it looks dirty, well the balls I used to buy years ago that's why I gave up buying it.
    Love to Gian
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for those picots, they're perfect! Ecrù is a classic and elegant choice, you can't love it. But please my dear Colour Fairy, you're my inspiration, don't let me alone, fighting with colour combinations! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ops, "you can't not love it" ... Grrrr! Sorry for my bad English! I love ecrú, expecially in combination with light blue or green. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, Ninetta! Your English is wonderful! I can't say more than three words in your language!
      Fox. : ))

      Delete
  4. Great piece Fox! I found this to be a satisfying tat - quite quick to complete for a sizeable result and done in one pass - I like that. Oh, and I agree with you on small picots. They also wash better and don't move out of place so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant in ecru. I had to look carefully at the purple one to see that it's the same pattern! I'm glad Wickedtats could point you in the right direction for the name badge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made us so many beautiful coloured lace in the past years,+ Fox, you are allowed to go for white now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Tatters. You are so supportive!
    xxoo
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty :)

    I had to study the ecru version for a bit to see how it was tatted in one pass. I have to say I prefer small picots too, much easier to figure out joins when I don't have to measure anything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to you and Frivole for guiding us to this lovely pattern. There are now (fortunately!) so many books and patterns available, it's nice to see individual designs showcased. It's also great that this can be done in one pass! I agree that the purple sample isn't quite as attractive here as the ecru I have used both white and ecru over the years. My Victorian ornaments looked 'softer' in the ecru, when decorated with dusty pink or burgundy flowers and ribbons, or pearl embellishments. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy.

      You are so diplomatic! That purple one is a horror! : ))

      Delete
  10. Is it some coincidence that I'm losing interest in using coloured threads too? I got myself two balls of #30 threads -- in Ecru and White -- and have started tatting some little motifs which I'll make into earrings and the like!

    ReplyDelete