71/4 inchesThose are just big, fancy words for 'I changed the stitch count to make the two sizes of threads work for this pattern, from Karey Solomon’s new book:'
I went from this thread:
to #40 Lizbeth for the last two rows,
as I was going to run out of the Babylo.
It is such a thick thread that I had to fill the bobbin three times for the inner two rows. That is the problem with heavier thread.
I was lucky that I had the end of a ball of the variegated pink and green Lizbeth, which is now gone, in order to complete the pattern in colours that worked. There was also a small ball of a good #40 Lizbeth green in my stash.
What do you think? It works?
The frustration was so great I have ordered two of the larger Clovers, so that should I tat another of Karey’s doilies I will not have to keep adding thread!
Though these are post shuttles, I am willing to give them a shot for the larger pieces, as I have become impatient with adding thread, I’m afraid. ( I was also AGAIN enabled by Diane. Heheheh!)
She said she would put up some instructions for interlocking rings on her blog and she has quickly done it! Yay, Kathy! Thank you so much! It took me only two attempts and this is what I did, quite effortlessly, I might add!
Kathy will be adding the next part - the last join - soon. I am so grateful as it has taken me forever to be able to do these rings. And it is all accomplished with a shuttle. So cool.