Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Courageous!

That would be me!
Look at what I accomplished - first time, too. 

Only one real mistake but I actually un-tatted and re-tatted the very same error yet again! Then when I saw the problem, it was too late to correct; by that time I was hooked on Jane’s fantastic pattern.

I have wanted to try this for a while, and last night I just could not help myself... It is a very addictive tat that I shall repeat. : ) Thanks, Jane!

                                                                           #18/100 M/C
The pattern called for #20 thread and all I have is #40 Lizbeth, so that is what I used it. Next time I shall add more beads to the centre long picot to fill in all that extras length of thread.

17 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful. I have yet to try it. Hmmm May have to lay current project aside and make it. Worked for you. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I gather it was a strong enough desire that it pulled you away from you honey napkin ;-) I haven't tried this pattern of Jane's yet, but it does look like fun. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Work Fox. Beware - that snowflake pattern is addictive, I've been doing them in white with various colors of beads. Need to get a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you took a break from the Honey project! This is another one on my 'must tat' list! I'm amazed that size 40 worked as well as it did! The outline effect with the split rings fascinates me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased you have tried this pattern. You could use smaller buttons and size 40 thread.
    Look forward to seeing more and more and more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fox

    Lovely snowflake, they say they are addictive and I expect there will more.
    Love to Gian
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are courageous! I'm hoping to get up the nerve after Christmas. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really cute! Very dainty, I bet, in the size 40 thread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really nice Fox. I've not tried that one yet, but I think I will!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice. Jane's patterns are always easy and very pretty. I see no mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left out one 4 ds chain between two off the arms... Once you see it, it is very obvious!
      Fox. : )

      Delete
    2. actually it isn't all that obvious. it doesn't look lopsided.

      Delete
  11. I love it! By the time I get to trying this pattern it will be Easter. And everyone else will be making eggs :) I have enough buttons . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear you have your buttons...I have lost mine!!!
      Fox : ))

      Delete