Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pig-headed Pays

Chinoiserie 
from 
Making Many Merrily
 by Karey Solomon
#40 Lizbeth      #66/100

Martha and Miranda both sent help. Right away. Ah, Tat-land.  What a wealth of aid and talent to go with it.  Thank you both for heeding the call and sending in the troops!

After MANY hours ( I am ashamed to admit HOW MANY ) of trial and error, I finished this up this a.m. EARLY in the a.m. Ahem... VERY early.

I am going to have to try it again to see if it is still as challenging as it was the first time, as I struggled with it all the way to the bitter end and was still not 100% sure of what I was doing.

This is most a perplexing puzzle for the  - as Miranda puts it -  person with directional challenges! That would definitely be moi!

See Sarah!  It CAN be done!  Just stick to it...  : ))

Now... considering another hankie - with help.


11 comments:

  1. I am glad you finished it. It just proves that it can be done.
    I wonder, would there be a new phrase - "the persistence of Fox" start to be in use now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh - I like it! Thanks, Jon! You made my day!
      Fox : ))

      Delete
  2. very good, I like it. I can see where it would be a challenging road map to get from one end to the other.
    it is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ladytats. Now that I have completed one, I am hoping the second will be easier - and in one colour, which should show off the pattern better.

      Good to see you back from your summer jauntings. I have missed your posts!
      Fox : )

      Delete
  3. Really nice!! That design is really unique!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. I love many of Karey's designs as they are so, yes, unique.
      Fox : )

      Delete
  4. I do like your dollar-store hankies - pink this time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fun? I thought a white border, simple again, with beads??? I cannot find a thread that matches the pink very well.
      Fox : )

      Delete
  5. : ) Yes, it can! And what a beauty it is! Your persistence and determination inspires me. Congratulations.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Yours inspired me to keep on going!
      Fox : )

      Delete
  6. Hi Fox

    I am trying gain yesterday I gave up as the Greek connection would not let me post a reply, Might have to email you them if it does play up again.
    See you can do it, lovely piece of tatting and great colours.
    At least you have an interested helper, have my hubby who said don't drop any beads on the floor I am not moving that bed again, if they go down they stay there. I was doing you little pattern with beads, I only brought with a limited supply of beads so I won't be using them again until I go home.
    Love to Gian
    Take care
    Hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete