Thursday, January 5, 2012

"V" is for Vixen, and also for Vexed

#45-100 Motif Challenge
DMC Festive Tatting
HDT Yarnplayer's Lola

Yes, that would be me. Disgruntled. Not gruntled?  : O

I feel a bit rudderless - beginning of the year let-down or winter blues...  I just want to tat very simple, uncomplicated bits until I figure out what I want to tackle next.



This is the attempt at a border for the second pair of little, white socks for Mini-Boss.  I am not pleased.

Seems I cannot keep my mind on fiddly patterns these days, and with apologies to Martha, Mrs. Mee's picots are not pleasing to me!  Ruffles just are not my thing, I suppose.

I tried the pattern with regular picots, but still found it too intricate for a pair of kiddy socks, so I will do something else. There are a lot of wonderful patterns in Martha's Playing With Picots book however; I am just not in the mood for fiddly.

In fact, I am not in the mood for any of the patterns in my copious supply.  *sigh*  I don't know where all this is leading...

Oh, yes... I am attempting to learn EasyDraw - the free version, and am finding it very frustrating.  Any thoughts on software for Mac?

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE EazyDraw so you can zonk a message to me anytime. What I like is how I'm still learning things about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is EasyDraw for diagramming tatting patterns? If so, then my only comment is that I would like suggestions too. I have tried several programs for the Mac and not happy with any of them. Maybe I just don't know how to use them for tatting patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, you can download a free trial version of it to see if you like it. It is compatible with the Mac.

    Jane, Thank you! I may take you up on the offer if I run into trouble!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have EasyDraw, but haven't really tried it yet, probably because I haven't designed anything!

    I'm not into fiddly right now either. I think that's why I find the edging I'm working on so soothing. I even have the pattern memorized!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane would certainly be the one to ask for advice on EazyDraw! Her diagrams are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I,too, have been drifting since Christmas....I need to find a focus....I love your description...."I feel a bit rudderless"...that me too.

    ReplyDelete