Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Depending on Your Perspective...

#54 and #55-100 Motif Challenge
Pattern by Irene Woo
HDT by Karey Solomon - #30

Frivole has diagrammed Iren's pattern beautifully - here. I had never seen this lovely pattern before, but since I relentlessly follow Frivole's blog and am enamoured with her design work and her amazing tatting, I didn't miss this post!

Isn't it interesting how colour can so completely change the feeling of a design?

I take this for granted most of the time and do not even think about it, but when I re-experience this truism, it is like learning something for the very first time.

It was fun tatting these.

14 comments:

  1. I have to admit I still love Irene's heart the most in a solid color. It's a beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might just agree with you, Gina! I had thread left on my shuttles, and I liked the combo, hence the two shown. However, I think I will try it in just one colour today... ; ))

      Delete
  2. Interesting how the eye focuses on different parts of the pattern according to the threads used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are stunning, especially the first one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this pattern. I'm usually partial to the solid color on the outside so it looks like an outline. Do you have plans for these hearts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, tattrldy, I thought I might give them to the Toronto kids on "Valentyms Day!" The Boss loves the tatting. Her Bro, not so much, unless attached to a chisel, mini-train or hammer... You get the picture!
      Fox : )

      Delete
  5. Hmm- the way to do comments is different. Did you do that?

    I really like them and the colors change it so much. I did the heart in a solid color last night (at a meeting!) and I don't like it nearly as well. I might follow your lead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color effect really is different on each one. At first glance they looked like 2 different patterns. Beautiful job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really like the one with the red on the inside. Definitely gives a different perspective. In fact, unusually in this case, I prefer the multi-coloured to the uni-coloured pink one!

    ... and thank you so much for the nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My eye was drawn to the one on the left. I think it's having the solid red close together that I focus on. Funny how much difference it makes.

    ReplyDelete