Friday, December 16, 2011

Pinkness

Well, it is almost pink!  Maybe more of a fuschia.

Some of Suneeti's #50 Altan Basak looks good in this design by Karey Solomon.  It is one of my all-time favourite patterns. Tatted in combination with #20 Lizbeth.

Being sparse with the beads, though the brand new ones beckon me each time I begin a new motif, I believe my tatting is looking more refined, as I am concentrating more on the individual stitch as I tat, not being so driven to complete a pattern quickly.  The attention to tension is paying off. Bit by bit...

#31-100 Motif Challenge

15 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, that is beautiful tatting! A perfect design to show off in two colors, too. And you're right, sometimes less is more with the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it looks fabulous! Love the fuschia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Miranda, I am learning! The urge to overindulge is always lurking. Like some folks with cookies, with beads, I have little self control!

    I love it when I get the thumbs up from you!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combination and with such a pretty pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CrazyMom, This is very old, and BAD Lizbeth! Have not tried the new stuff yet!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is gorgeous Fox...such a great and unique combination of colors !! I wouldn't have thought of this combination ...it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just really love the color pink. Then that brown makes me want chocolate. I like :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very nice, Fox!

    Great color choices, nice job on qty of beads and your stitches are looking well-even

    :-D

    ReplyDelete