Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Forever Wingless

With apologies to AnneB, who designed the dragon patterns we all admire, I admit defeat in this case:


The vintage thread keeps breaking - I think it is just too dry to tat with and I am having so many problems with the wings to begin with.

So, I shall put this aside (I have no other pink #80) till I feel in the mood to use some #80 DMC for the wing in a different colour.  Maybe sooner rather than later as this little dragon looks so naked without his wings! Maybe red and white ones... Yes, maybe that will suffice.

If I do not resolve this, I will have to face the wrath of The Boss...

15 comments:

  1. Do you have any suitable thread in the color of those lovely tail beads?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, I have a lot of sympathy for your poor poor dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried putting the thread in the freezer? I've heard that can help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about lavender or purple to match the tail beads?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, it looks like a legless salamander, which seems every bit as sad as a wingless dragon. You must do something. I like the lavender idea, and I bet The Boss will too when she sees it. You can make it sound like the dragon is even more special because it has TWO colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CrazyMom added: Tell The Boss it's a seahorse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors you used together, reminds me of candy. Some beaders condition their threads so they don't break, but I'm not sure how well it would work or look in tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CrazyMom, I caught Gian messing with the Mac... hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hm, maybe it's a baby dragon without wings for now?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor HM!

    Your wingless creature reminds me of the one from "How to Train Your Dragon" (but in a different color)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH, and I love the ears... they actually make me feel sad for the poor creature

    ReplyDelete