#24 Motif Challenge
I was preparing to tat a motif in the DMC Festive Tatting book, but it did not quite look like the motif in my head, so I closed the book and took the IDEA of it and tatted what I imagined I wanted the design to look like. The centre looks basically the same as the motif, though the stitch count is different and so is the direction of the chain. I re-worked the design of the outer row.
It still needs tweaking, but I am so pleased at this unexpected experiment. I used Yarnplayer's fantastic Soft Pansy, #20, even though it is a first draft. Couldn't help myself; the shuttles were wound in preparation for the book version.
There are split rings in 12 places . Tee hee!