Instead I turned to this Maple Leaf pattern of Karey's, that I have wanted to do again, as I had trouble with it the first time, and have been meaning to plot it out.on a magnified diagram:
It makes all the difference. I had no trouble this time except for another unrelated problem - nothing to do with the pattern.
It was the beads.
You know how I love to play with beads. Well, some patterns just are not suited for them - at least not in the way I was using them. This was such a pattern. I found that there was too much distortion of the shape with the roll tatting. I gave up and started again sans bling. It was pretty... but just did not work.
The finished leaf is being pressed under my Criminal Code as I write and should be sufficiently smooshed by the morning! I will post it sometime tomorrow.
Oh yes, another thing: I realized after the fact that the light green beginning circle looks weird. It should have been dark green - bad planning, design-wise. Live and learn...
That green thread is #40 Mercer from TypsTatting and the green is #40 Coron, from Umintsuru.
♥Thanks, you two♥!
I seem to be at a tatting crossroad. I am so uninspired. I have even set up an Etsy account, but am not really turned on about that venture at all. I do not know what is next in this tatting adventure, but I do know I have not thought of the next thing yet.
I am bored, but not by tatting, but by the process of tatting something and then putting it on the ever-growing pile of stuff I have done, work that I have accomplished. There seems to be no meaning to any of it... Such ennui... Maybe this too shall pass....