However, I must report that this thread is very, very fine! I do not know what I will do with the silk thread that Snowy sent me, (about #100) since it took me so many hours to tat the Sulky!
This is the beginning - blue and yellow - very pretty. I decided to do a little motif that happened to have a bunch of mock rings... Bad idea. There is zero tolerance with Sulky for mistakes.
The upside? Working with these colours created a design frenzy. I pulled out threads and beads, putting together everything I need for the next dragon.
Then, I picked another design for the Sulky and tried again:
This worked a lot better but I messed up a few more times, used a bunch of thread and then... a fatal flaw. It is sheer misery to un-tat this stuff! My hands felt like oversized hams!
This time, I promised myself I would not rush; there was no race; I would relax and enjoy the process. Chose this absolutely beautiful sample:
You cannot tell by the photo, but this is magnificent thread - perhaps the nicest, richest colours I have seen in all my tatting experience! Really! It is shiny and metallic copper and brown, rust and gold - just wonderful.
#14 Motif Challenge
I found that by changing from the bobbin shuttle to the post for the skinny thread helped a lot. Still, I found I could not control the size of the picots, the tension and the gaps in the thread consistently. Also, this pattern ends in a way that precipitated my usual dyslexic meltdown. Not pretty. But, the motif is done and I love it! Thanks, Diane, for the opportunity to try this beautiful thread.
I have more Sulky, but will put it away for a while as I am excited to begin the next dragon for Graham:
Coming up... dragon #2