Monday, June 21, 2010

Just One More...

Funny thing about living dangerously;  I actually picked these colours with a devil-may-care attitude, throwing all caution to the wind.  And guess what?  I like this one the best of all!

#11 Motif Challenge

A few months ago, I woud never have picked these colours, nor would I have tatted around rings.  Old dog; very new tricks.

The colour thing really intrigues me.  All of a sudden I have urges -  can I really admit to this openly and in public -  real urges to play with colours that have never been in my line of vision before.  Stranger still, is that a I  have always had a camera glued to not only my hand, but also my psyche,  for more decades than I care to think about!

I have worked in the darkroom, been a stained glass artist and a graphic designer. I still play with yarn.  One would imagine I would be familiar and comfortable in a world encompassed by a varied, sumptuous spectrum.

But this, this is a different thing entirely. Now the colours call to me.  Like sirens on the waves, they beckon.. Really.  Sometime they screech so loudly that I have no choice but to use them!  Like today.

 Anon,

10 comments:

  1. Love the color combo - the contrast is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get like that with colors too, sometimes. I've never cared for pastels, but lately I've really been drawn to them.

    The first thing I thought of when I saw this color combo was a robin. Then I also thought of a bush in fall, with all the leaves gone and nothing left but red berries.

    BTW, the comments are broken again at the Thread Exchange. I saw a couple of people were able to comment on your post, but I couldn't. Also, the last couple of days, it's been redirecting me to the new URL, but this time it didn't; I don't know if that means anything or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are beautiful! It's funny - what we wouldn't do yesterday seems like so far in the past when it works out today. It's good to be daring and try new things. They often turn out for the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you did use those colors today, Fox, because it turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a nice color combination. I like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a good color combination, and isn't it wonderful to hear the colors talking to you? The only frustrating thing I find is not enough time to give in to all those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My facination happens to be with all the beautiful variegated threads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting colour combonation I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking you've seen these colors before.....chocolate and raspberries...yum.
    john

    ReplyDelete
  10. John, I just got a great chuckle. Thanks!

    I DO NOT like chocolate or raspberries!

    But, I am glad the colours elicited that response from one who very obviously does!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete