Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wonderful Comments Spur Me On to Another Butterfly!



The comments on the first butterfly from Tat-land INSPIRED me! I had a relaxing time tatting the first one and figured it must be an anomaly, so I picked up a shuttle with this lovely thread - I forget whose it is, but it is all gone now : ( - and worked this up before I went to work this morning. Again - FUN! I think the larger pieces can be frustrating and draining till the very end when the enjoyment grows, because the completion is near.

I am going to continue to do some smaller pieces - MiniTats - and things like that. There is a reason for considering the smaller motifs..... My time may be eaten up with the T.A.T. course.

I have just done the first course, which was so helpful, and am about to embark on the second, which is not only quite a bit more demanding than the first, but also is rather intimidating to someone who is only nine months into adventures with the shuttle!

Also, every exercise takes me such a LONG time. So, I might not have a lot of blog time in the next little while. Or, maybe I will surprise myself. That has certainly happened before!!!
Fox ~ Aspiring Adept of TATROMANCY (magical meanderings with rings, chains and picots)~

7 comments:

  1. sigh....I glanced at my notebook on the bookshelf this morning and told myself I really should finish this segment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Gina, I do this all the time.... so many books, so little time! I sympathize! : )) Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. The TAT program intrigues me. I still can't fathom shelling out that kind of dough for someone to critize my work, LOL! I have heard other tatters say it's a great program and that it has helped their tatting immensely!

    Good for you for doing it! I think it's the perfect thing for you being so new to tatting you sure have done a lot of techniques and come a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the butterfly! I should get my T.A.T. binder off the shelf too. I did dust it off when Krystle put out a challenge to complete the first program in May, but there were too many other things to do, so it's back on the shelf. School's out in a week. Maybe I'll be able to finish it then. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to make this butterfly! The color you used is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those butterflies are so pretty! Your rings and graduated picots are perfectly perfect! I've been messing with a tatted alphabet for some bookmarks and I listened to my ipod - but while I was ironing. :( Still, that's a step in the right direction.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. TattingChic, I could not have come as far as I have without it. The first one was challenging, and this one even more so. There is a wealth of material covered. It might be a great exercise in discipline for an accomplished tetter.

    I thoroughly enjoyed it as well...Bonus!

    sewmuchfun, Ironing?? Goodness! Yes, little steps are good...

    Diane, You are welcome! I dare you!

    Carol, Thank you! I like the colour very much, as well.

    ReplyDelete